CV, Biography and Artists statement: Eric McCully (b. 1960)
Born in 1960 to a working-class family in Belfast, Eric's talent for painting was discovered at an early age.
He has worked as a full time professional artist since 1990. His first wife Gillian died of Cancer in 2001,
now he lives in Ottawa with his new wife Kelly and 5 children.
Since moving to Canada his work has been very well received, being featured on Cityline, Divine designs,
HGTV and Canadian House and Home.
His paintings are in private collections around the world, and public collections in Northern Ireland, since 1990
"Although my work would be categorized as landscapes, they would be better described as mindscapes, as all of
the work is derived from a wide variety of inspirations. I seek to capture a moment rather than a place.
It is the beauty of a summer evening sunset or listening to a beautiful piece of music that inspires the work.
There is a feeling of warmth and a certain meditative quality which seems to emanate from each piece.
The ultimate compliment for me is when individuals connect with the moments and feelings I try to capture." ~Eric
- Artguise, Bank St, Ottawa
- Canvas Gallery, Toronto
- Artmode Gallery, Ottawa
- Tangerine Gecko Art Gallery, Toronto
- Koyman Galleries, Ottawa
- Koyman Galleries, Toronto
- Eakin Gallery, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Dalriada Gallery, Ballymena, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland
- eymour Gallery, Lisburn
- Manor Fine Art, Banbridge, Co. Down
- Nicholas Gallery, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Port Stewart Galleries, Co. Antrim
- BBC Belfast Gallery
- Newcastle Gallery, Co. Down
- Gormley’s Fine Art, Belfast
- Gormley’s Fine Art, Omagh
- Collette Art, Belfast
- Ormonde Gallery, Belfast
- Waring Gallery, Moira, Co. Down
- Crooked House Gallery, Donegal Town, Co. Donegal
Eric has done dozens of figures and commissions, just ask.
Using an artist's eye and a love of colours, Eric's Pens are a source of pride.